Well, hello strangers! Sorry if I appeared to drop of the face of the Earth there – we’ve been away for 2 weeks and while I did intend to post via my iPad, the less said about that the better…. So anyway, lots of pretty stuff’s been happening – some of these will be older than a week now, because why limit myself…?
- The Pattern Pages is a new digital magazine, describing itself as ‘An online resource for those who love fashion and dressmaking. Download our digital magazine and find alll the latest gossip about new sewing patterns, the latest trends & more!’ It’s very much a recognizable ‘glossy mag’ format, with ads, inspiration and interviews, but I’m impressed considering it’s free. It’s always nice to read about sewing stuff!
- Informative articles by Suzy of Suzy Quilts on how sewing machines work and how to maintain your sewing machine, for the curious/lazy among you. Just me?
- Laura-Mae picks up on Simplicity’s most recent reproduction pattern release, which is pretty extensive. There are some crackers here too – those dungarees… that hooded blouse… the ’30’s-style Snow White costume…
- The (almost) perfect denim wrap dress by Daphne – highlighting just how irritating fit niggles can be even if the dress looks great!
- I’m a little in love with Margo’s frilly wrap skirt. There’s a sentence I thought I’d never write…
- This Robin-Hood dress by Tanya has it all. Like all. Really.
- A guide to fabric shopping at markets – there’s nothing like this near where I live, so I have to avoid reading for jealousy reasons, but that’s no reason you cant get some tips!
- A heavenly striped quilt over at Blue Elephant Stitches. I can never resist anything quilted with baptist fans, but this is especially beautiful…
- I wouldn’t normally link to the same blog twice in a row, but…
- Nani Iro double gauze quilt. You see why I needed a separate category now?
- The Bowline Gansey pattern is new from Tin Can Knits (read about it here) – seemingly available in every size ever, it’s a simple take on a traditional fisherman’s gansey, knit up in Aran-weight yarn. Super-cute, especially if you don’t fancy knitting with 5-ply wool 😉
- Visit The Twisted Yarn for a 30% discount on knitting patterns by Kari-Helene Rane. They’re gorgeous.
- In case you missed it, I’ve rounded up 5 great sweaters to knit if you love the open-back trend. With summer and winter options, in the course of my research I’ve realised I need to make them all…
- Make yourself a stylish rope-basket bag with this tutorial on the Closet Case Patterns blog.
And I’m done! Obviously 3 weeks is a long time in blogs, and there are tons of other awesome things I also loved, but we could be here for ever! You all have a lovely weekend and see you next week,
P.S. French-speakers, I apologise a thousand times for the terrible mangling of your language in the name of film title puns. I couldn’t resist. I’m sorry.