Hope you’ve all had a great week! And if you haven’t, well, it’s the weekend… So sit back and take a look at what the worlds of sewing blogs has been up to this week!
- My long-suffering M&S swimming costume is coming to the end of its life (well, I think many would say it passed a year or two ago…), and I’ve ambitiously purchased the Bombshell swimsuit pattern from Closet Case Patterns. I’m putting off actually getting the fabric because I need to get a couple of other things out of the way first, but in the meantime I’m drooling over Elinor’s emerald green beauty.
- It’s clearly swimsuit season! I absolutely love Heather’s stripey tankini, which would fit right in on a vintage seaside postcard. That’s a good thing, if you’re wondering…
- Dutch sewing magazine La Maison Victor is now available in the UK (and I think the USA as well), and oh WOW! They did a blog tour (Dolores Skirt at What Katie Sews, Malia dress at The Petite Passions and top at Handmade Jane, Solange dress at The Thifty Stitcher), so it was kind of vaguely on my radar, and then I stumbled across it in WHSmith in Llandudno (we went to the seaside without the kids, you guys. I feel like this is a whole month’s-worth of news in itself…), and I’m smitten! There are 9 full-size patterns, which IMO are a well-balanced mix of mainly womens, with a good range of styles, and the odd child/mens pattern. It’s also really pretty :), and another pretty cool thing is they sell the fabrics they’ve made the samples from. ‘Cos, sometimes, you do just want the one in the picture!
- I’ve been loving everyone’s #2017makenine halfway round-ups, and Georgina (Sew in the Garden) has some lovely things on hers, including the sunniest dress you’ll see!
- I can see I’ll be linking to In Color Order a lot, but isn’t this the prettiest indigo sampler quilt?
- Jen’s sweater is the perfect basic knit – I really need a no-thinking-required stocking stitch project to be going on with, but I find that I stress out a bit about finished size when I’m knitting. I do always do a tension square, but still, getting the size of a knitted sweater just right is a bit of a black art to me…
- How to match stripes and plaids with The Village Haberdashery.
- Tanya has some tips for sourcing vintage and secondhand sewing supplies, the holy grail of the vintage sewing enthusiast!