Oh, the British summer… One minute it’s 29 degrees, the next it rains for 2 solid days and you want to put the heating on. Can’t complain though (if you’re not British, you should know that ‘Can’t complain’ is what we say when we’ve just had a really thorough complain 😉 ) – I’m in the middle of sewing myself a Seamwork Almada robe (purely as a practice for a gift, of course), which is coming along nicely. Other people, however, have been actually finishing stuff, so go take a look!
- One day I might grow up enough to store my patterns like Naomi, you know, so I can find them and all. Doubt it though…
- Carmen of Vintage Dream blog has great true-vintage style, and I’m loving her nautical 4th of July outfit.
- Hello Classic French Jacket! I’m in awe of the time and skill that’s gone into Kristy’s chicer-than-chic jacket over at Lower Your Presser Foot. It’s so smart… and monochrome… basically everything I’m not, but can admire from afar ;).
- Although we’re not exactly short of shirtdress patterns, there’s something very tempting about Megan Nielsen’s new Matilda pattern… maybe the pockets? Actually, it is definitely the pockets.
- Some serious floaty volume over at Creating in the Gap
- I can’t pretend this is sewing-related (although you’d be surprised what I can categorise as ‘sewing-related’), but Kate Davies went to Sweden and now I really want to go too…
- Peaches. Raspberries. Cake. Do I really need to say more?
- Much as I like the idea of having a spa-like mini-bathroom à la A Pair & A Spare, I can’t shake the feeling you’d need to empty it of children first…
- I do love a good bench, and this is a proper stunner… Shame I have NO SPACE…
Well, I’ll be off now, I’m on the hunt for that extra 12 hours I need in every day… Have a great week, and keep sewing 🙂